There are a million of cleaning service companies out in the market which is what makes it hard to find the perfect one to meet your requirements. But we have made it easier for you. Here is the list of things you should look out for when you are looking for a home cleaning company.
Is Your Cleaning Service a Sole Trader?
You need to determine if your cleaning service provider is self-employed or is he a representative of some cleaning service firm. Make note that there lies infinite difference between the two. A self-employed cleaning service provider may provide various services at a different rate than a representative of some cleaning service firm. There lies a huge difference in their charges. Apart from the services, they also deliver their services in a different way. Self-employed cleaning service provider may be much flexible in timing as well as his services, but for the representative, it would be a tad bit different. Also you need to make sure that either of them has insurance, where the latter’s may be covered by the company, but nonetheless you need to make sure for the same.
Checklist for Selecting a Cleaning Service
- Ask if the cleaning service firm equipped with all the required insurance and can they provide you a copy of the same?
- Ask the firm/cleaner about the references or testimonials from their previous or current clients as an evidence of service, reliability or standards
- Ask about the retention rate of the clients of your chosen firm.
- Ask if the cleaning service company can present you how they recruit, train or monitor their personnel.
- Ask the cleaning service company on how they keep in touch with their clients so as to not lose the personal touch.
- Research if the cleaning service company/or the self-employed cleaner have good or bad reviews.
- Research online about how their customer service levels look like.
- Research if the cleaning service company does actually exist on the Internet
- Ask if there is any possibility of connecting with the cleaning service company through multiple channels.
- If your cleaning service provider is self-employed, ask for the evidence of their status.
- Ask about if your cleaner is absent due to illness or holiday, do they sub-contract out their work?