Railing system is the much demanded thing in the case of any infrastructure. Rails are the barrier made to keep safety. The railing system is an important ingredient to create a luxurious look in the house or office.
How to select the railing material?
Choosing the right material for railing systems and handrail supports is a very difficult task. If you choose a wrong material and apply it, your client might be unhappy thus reducing your chances of getting appraised. The factors to be kept in mind are:
- The railing system can be installed either inside the structure or outside or both. You should think about the material of the railing according to the place it will be installed into.
- Location is another factor. The locations where you will have many people flowing in and out, you should think of a robust material railing system like steel. The robust material would help the easy flow of traffic and also it will be very easy to maintain the railing system.
- You also have to think about the budget. The budget should be set as per the requirement. You may choose an expensive railing material but it would definitely be long lasting. And if you chose a wrong material you might have to change it frequently and run out of budget within a few years.
- Choose a material which is easy for maintenance. Low maintenance cost will help you to retain the cleanliness and hygiene of the railing system.
Types of Railing Material
The railing materials can be of many types. It can be of wood, iron, steel, aluminium, etc. However, the most commonly used material for railing system is steel. The reason is as follows:
- Steel has more strength as compared to any other material.
- The steel does not react with the factors present in the environment. Thus, avoiding it to get corroded, the color of the steel does not fade up in the long run. Therefore, steel is easy to maintain.
- Steel gets molded easily as compared to the other materials. Therefore, it is easy to customize the designs of the railing systems as per the client’s wish.
As seen above, the steel appears to be the best material for constructing the railing systems. The steel also comes in three variants. These variants are commonly known as carbon steel, 304-grade stainless steel and 316-grade stainless steel each one having its own advantages and disadvantages. So, choose the railing material carefully such that it becomes a long-term investments.