Recently, many people are updating their old washing machine models with the new, more efficient, and ergonomic front loading washing machines. Not only do they consume less electricity, but they provide much gentler cloth cleaning. The most popular front loading washing machines in today’s generation are LG front loading washing machine, IFB washing machine, Samsung washing machine, etc.
The downside of buying these front loading washing machines is that they are bit expensive as compared to the traditional ones, and the parts and repairs are also much costlier. Hence, it becomes essential that you maintain these washing machines with utmost care and follow all precautions so as to increase their lifespan and get better functionality. Be it an LG washing machine or IFB, or front loading washing machine of some other company, below mentioned tips and tricks will prove really helpful in increasing their lifetime.
- It is imperative that you use detergents made for the high-efficiency machines while cleaning your clothes in front loading washing machines. The normal detergents create a huge amount of suds, that gets accumulated on drums and hoses and act as a breeding ground for mold.
- Lessen the amount of liquid fabric softeners used to one teaspoon and bleach to one tablespoon because HE machines require less water and hence fewer bleaching and softener products too.
- Ensure to not let damp clothes stay in the washing machine for long as they can act as the breeding ground for mildew and musty smell.
- The door of the washer should be left open when not in use to improve the air circulation and prevent the formation of mold and mildew.
- Remember to rinse the detergent or fabric softener dispenser regularly after every use and then leave it out in the open for it to dry out. If not cleaned regularly, then the molds that get build up in your dispenser will mix with your clothes in the next wash. By cleaning the leftover liquid, you can pretty much stop it from growing.
- Similarly, be sure to check the rubber seals on the doors after every wash as socks can stay hidden in these rubber seals. Wet socks, when gets stored in them result in the formation of molds.
- Make it a habit to clean your front loader at least twice every month.
- Run the cleaning cycle as often as it is suggested by the manufacturers, so as to stop the growth of mildew and molds. You can even add products like Affresh or Smelly Washer to keep molds and mildews off your washing machine.
- Using less water in the front-load washing machines means that it will take more time to get things cleaned. But the benefit of this is the shorter drying times, thus giving more efficiency.
- Occasionally, incorporate a hot water bath too so as to clean off the left-over soap and grime.
- It is essential to make sure that your washing machine stays levelled, because if it’s not levelled, then it can throw off the cycle as the washer will try to recalibrate.
These tips and tricks will prove to be very helpful if they are followed well. Thus, do not miss to adopt these steps in order to ensure the longevity of your front loading washing machine.